A few months back shogun did not support C# . Daniel Korn and I made some advances to create something called an interface file for shogun, that will make it work with C#. half way through the process one of the shogun participants in google summer of code took control of the interface programming and finished it. with this new release there is a C# dll that everyone can use, and in it there is support for many data types. i still need to figure out if it will support sparse lists/dictionaries so that the memory footprint will be small enough for any algorithm. with the new dll there are many C# examples files that we have created to test out the new interface/dll.
shogun 1.1.0 can be downloaded here.
our credits appear in the NEWS section of the release and on the front page.
- New dimensionality reduction algorithms: Diffusion Maps, Kernel Locally Linear Embedding, Kernel Local Tangent Space Alignment, Linear Local Tangent Space Alignment, Neighborhood Preserving embedding, Locality Preserving Projections.
- Various performance improvements for dimensionality reduction methods (BLAS, alignment formulation of the LLE, ..)
- Automatical k determination mode for Locally Linear Embedding dimension reduction method based on reconstruction error.
- ARPACK and SUPERLU integration.
- Introduce the concept of Converters that can embed (arbitrary) feature types into different feature types.
- LibSVM is now pthread-parallelized.
- Create modshogun.dll for csharp.
- Various new c# examples (thanks Daniel Korn and Ori Cohen).
- Dimensionality reduction examples application is introduced